Archive for the 'announcements' Category
Saturday February 7th, 8pm
Byron Westbrook / Doron Sadja
1026 S. Santa Fe Ave #203, Los Angeles, CA 90021
Saturday, February 14th, 8pm
SLOW SUN: an evening of sound/film performances
Byron Westbrook & Paul Clipson / John Davis & Tooth
Echo Park Film Center
1200 North Alvarado Street, Los Angeles, CA 90026
Ilyas Ahmed’s new record “I Am All Your Own”, on Immune Recordings, is available for pre-order.
New music by Roger Tellier-Craig (Le Révélateur) on Where To Now? Records.
Visites Possibles and Sightings: Music for the videos of Sabrina Ratté
“The music on this collection was written specifically to accompany
video pieces by Sabrina Ratté.
‘Visites Possibles’ was created for the online collective Computers Club, while the “Sightings” series was created for the video label
Undervolt & Co.
For this series of videos we were interested in exploring a more direct
relationship between sound and image, where most of the sounds
contained in the pieces act as a sort of translation of the events
happening within the video frame, creating an audio environment for
these impossible spaces. The sound events enhance the otherness
of the impossible architectures, instead of merely clothing the visuals
in a superfluous musicality. The audio was edited in relation to the
video, therefore creating unusual sonic structures that are revealed
when played back without the video part.
The audio for these pieces was generated using analog and modular
synthesizers, computer and sampling devices.”
CD-R in an edition of 100 & download via BANDCAMP.
Recorded in the Spring 2013 at The Headlands Center For The Arts, Marin Headlands, California.
Scored for Piano & Electronics.
Sickness To Insanity: Electronic Horror Scores 1982-1988
1. Mother (1987) – Opening Theme
2. The Hotel St. Croix (1985) – Main Theme
3. School Spirits (1984) – Under The Bleachers
4. Death Circus (1986) – Theme #2
5. Witchkraft II (1982) – Clarice Awaits
6. Mass Graves (1983) – Procession
7. The Ambush (1986) – Attack Sequence
8. Hellen (1985) – The Beguiling
9. Campers (1985) – End Credits
10. The Hotel St. Croix (1985) – Elevator Love
11. Zombie Eaters (1984) – Theatrical Trailer Edit
12. Pakin Heat (1982) – Escape The Rain
13. Motion Sickness (1983) – Tunnel Drive/Flashback
14. Mother (1987) – A Doll’s Eye
15. Blood And Spirit (1987) – Opening Credits
16. Death Circus (1986) – Dreams You Can’t Resist
17. The Torchlit Hill (1985) – The Hunt
18. The Ambush (1986) – Excerpt
19. Hellen (1985) – “Come In”
20. The Ambush (1986) – Victory
21. Solar Doom (1984) – “Exotic” Party Scene
22. Mass Graves (1983) – End Credits
23. The Hotel St. Croix (1985) – Deadman’s Float
Vision Heat is Northern California based Jared Blum. Look for two volumes of his soundtrack collections forthcoming on Root Strata this winter.