Archive for June, 2008
01. Eduardo Mateo – Yulelé
02. Jamhuri Jazz Band – Shangazi Naomba Taiti
03. Jackie Mittoo – After Christmas
04. S.E. Rogers – Toomus Meremereh Nor Good
05. Marconi Notaro – Symphony In Re
06. Gimmer Nicholson – Millenial Harbinger
07. Regional Orchestra of Kayes – Badage
08. Boubacar Traore – Adieu Pierrette
09. Satwa – Lia A Rainha Da Noite
10. Joyce – Um Gosto De Fruta
11. Ofo The Black Company – Allah Wakbarr
12. King Tubby – Country Gal Dub
13. Dawn Penn – No, No, No
Play videos @ same time, starting as close together as possible. Adjust volumes accordingly.
Recorded live at Valentine’s in Portland OR. May 3rd, 2008
1: Analog or Digital?
2: What time did you wake up today?
3: Last thing you read?
“Admonitions” by Jack Spicer
4: Whats your first memory?
A big expanse of bright blue carpet
5: Tea Or Coffee?
6: Last thing you cooked?
Lemon-tamarind seitan and cauliflower in soy yogurt sambar curry
7: If you’re reborn who or what would you like to be?
8: What inspires you?
Life, friends, environments, wildlife
9: Last record you played?
Mirror – “Nights”
10: Favorite piece of musical equipment?
Guitar: Takamine electric/acoustic, Effect: Boss PS-3
11: Last movie you saw?
Fuller’s “Pickup on South Street”
12: Who do you love?
My fiance Amanda, and all family/friends.
13: Do you have any pets?
A bulldog/boxer mix named Jackson.
14: Are you useful?
15: Biggest fear?
16: What do you value the most?
Love and life.
17: Famous last words?
Focus, be well, be kind.
For Bunita Marcus (1985)
Marcus Hinterhauser – Piano